User Notes for Rubicon Investment Consulting’s Managed Fund Calculator
- The calculator allows you to calculate the net returns on an offer-offer basis for the following 10 group pension managed funds:
- Aviva Investors - Pension Balanced Managed Fund
- Canada Life/Setanta Asset Management – Series D Managed Fund
- Friends First/F&C – Mixed Fund
- Irish Life Investment Managers - Pension Managed Fund (MR1)
- Kleinwort Benson Investors – Pension Managed Fund
- Merrion Investment Managers – Managed Fund
- New Ireland – Managed Fund (A17)
- Prescient Investment Managers – AIPUT Managed
- Standard Life Investments – Pension Managed Fund
- Zurich Life – Balanced Fund
- Returns are available to month end only.
- The earliest date from which returns can be calculated is 31st December 1985, or
the launch date of the fund if later. (The only exception to this is the Setanta
Asset Management fund, which was launched in 1981. However, prices have only
been supplied to 1988).
- To calculate returns:
- Select the date to which you wish to calculate returns (i.e. the end date).
- Select the periods for which you wish to calculate returns (available periods are:
1 month, 3 months, Year to date, and 1 through 20 years).
- Select the managers for whom you wish to calculate returns (to select multiple
managers hold the Ctrl key while making your selection)
- Click submit.
- If there is a problem with your selection you will get an error message, indicating
the nature of the problem. Examples of such errors would include selecting an end
date that is in the future, or selecting a period with a start date prior to 31st
December 1985. If you get an error message, click on Back and submit your revised query.
- If there is no problem with your selection, a table of results will be displayed. This
will show the date selected and the returns for the selected funds over the selected
periods. There will be an average shown also. This is the average of the funds you
have selected and is not the overall managed fund average (unless you have selected all
- If you have selected a period which begins before the launch date of one of your selected
funds, no return will be shown for that fund over the period, and the average will be the
average of the other selected funds.
- Please note that all returns over 1 year are annualised.
- While every care has been taking in developing this calculator and populating the database
to which it is linked, no responsibility is accepted for errors or omissions howsoever
arising. The information provided is intended as a general guide only. You should seek
professional advice before taking any action on the basis of these figures.
- These figures are provided for your own personal use and remain copyright of Rubicon Investment
Consulting. Should you wish to quote these figures to a third party you may do so, but you must
state that Rubicon Investment Consulting is the source of the figures.